Welcome to Freewheeling across the Himalayas

Le voyage est un retour vers l'essentiel (proverbe tibetain)

WELCOME TO FREEWHEELING ACROSS THE HIMALAYAS

My name is Celine Soulard and on July 2010 I will embark on a 7 month cycling journey from Tajikistan to Nepal. This adventure will take me to some of the most challenging and beautiful roads in the world. I am also undertaking this journey to raise funds for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation in support of the Ladakh Project (Health inc). I encourage you to subscribe to my blog to follow me in this great adventure. I will share with you in this blog stories and photos on a regular basis and hope to inspire you to contribute to the Ladakh Project.

DONATE to Ladakh Project

Thanks
Celine


September 12, 2010

On my way to the "forbidden" land...

Hi all,

Kargush Pass (photo: Pierre Payet-Burin)
While in Kashgar I  "slaved" for many hours in front of my notebook to improve the Blog layout, sort out photos and post a few more entries. I hope you will enjoy them. I have also inserted pictures in the earlier posts (Tajikistan and Afghanistan).
http://freewheelinghimalaya.blogspot.com/





New Posts
  • Get me out of here!
  • "Bonjour la police" or "welcome" to China 
  • Short visit to Kyrgyzstan
 Updated posts(photos added)
  • Pamir Highway - my cycling heaven
  • Brinji, Naan and chai (rice, bread and tea) – An Afghan adventure

From now on I will not send the entire blog text and photos via email, but will send a quick note to let you know when I have updated the blog, this way you can go directly to the blog and have a look.

I have also uploaded all my photos to Flickr so it's easier to navigate through them, and also there is a link at the end of each posting which will allow you to go from the blog to Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/celine_soulard/collections/72157624760420781/


We are finally leaving on Monday for the "forbidden land" and I don't know when I will have Internet access next. Inotherwords, "no news is good news" for the next couple of months. If we get turned back then I will have to investigate other route options and let you know how I will pursue my route to Nepal.

Happy on my bike,
Celine and Ladybug from Kashgar, China

No comments: