Welcome to Freewheeling across the Himalayas

Le voyage est un retour vers l'essentiel (proverbe tibetain)

WELCOME TO FREEWHEELING ACROSS THE HIMALAYAS

My name is Celine Soulard and on July 2010 I will embark on a 7 month cycling journey from Tajikistan to Nepal. This adventure will take me to some of the most challenging and beautiful roads in the world. I am also undertaking this journey to raise funds for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation in support of the Ladakh Project (Health inc). I encourage you to subscribe to my blog to follow me in this great adventure. I will share with you in this blog stories and photos on a regular basis and hope to inspire you to contribute to the Ladakh Project.

DONATE to Ladakh Project

Thanks
Celine


June 15, 2010

Fundraising Evening

June 10th was the annual fundraising night for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation. It was held at the Cantos music foundation in Calgary. It was a great evening and very inspiring to connect with people working on some of the other initiatives supported by the Foundation. I went there with my fully loaded bike and a map of my route and raised $800 for the Ladakh Project. I was very happy with the results.

During that evening I had the chance to meet Amanda Lindhout, a journalist from Alberta. In August 2008 Amanda was kidnapped in Somalia while researching a story on the conditions of an internally displaced peoples camp outside Mogadishu. She was held in captivity for 462 days and was released on November 25, 2009. She has created the The Global Enrichment Foundation  that aims to send 100 Somali women to university annually for the next four years. Please visit her site and help her making a difference for the women of Somalia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Celine - met you at the ferry terminal on Vancouver Island about to leave for your adventure (I was on my bike with my husband and 2 kids). Bonne chance et bonne aventure!!!