Welcome to Freewheeling across the Himalayas

Le voyage est un retour vers l'essentiel (proverbe tibetain)

WELCOME TO FREEWHEELING ACROSS THE HIMALAYAS

My name is Celine Soulard and on July 2010 I will embark on a 7 month cycling journey from Tajikistan to Nepal. This adventure will take me to some of the most challenging and beautiful roads in the world. I am also undertaking this journey to raise funds for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation in support of the Ladakh Project (Health inc). I encourage you to subscribe to my blog to follow me in this great adventure. I will share with you in this blog stories and photos on a regular basis and hope to inspire you to contribute to the Ladakh Project.

DONATE to Ladakh Project

Thanks
Celine


April 27, 2010

Preparation

Hi,

Only 6 weeks before I leave Calgary. Since I am still working full time I am very busy trying to get ready. Gears to buy, paper work to do, training ride, etc...it seems like my "to do" list is just getting longer. The good thing is that I have gone through this before so I know how it works!


Since I don't have much time to train and my flight to Tajikistan is from Vancouver (third of the price compare to leaving from Calgary!) I have decided to cycle from Calgary to Vancouver instead of flying. However I have to wait until June 19th to leave due to timing issue to get my Chinese Visa. So if all goes to plan I will be leaving Calgary (or Canmore) June 19th which will give me 18 days to get to Vancouver.

I will also go on a 10 days ride in May here in the Canadian Rockies to make sure all is good to go!

Stay tune
Celine

No comments: