Welcome to Freewheeling across the Himalayas

Le voyage est un retour vers l'essentiel (proverbe tibetain)

WELCOME TO FREEWHEELING ACROSS THE HIMALAYAS

My name is Celine Soulard and on July 2010 I will embark on a 7 month cycling journey from Tajikistan to Nepal. This adventure will take me to some of the most challenging and beautiful roads in the world. I am also undertaking this journey to raise funds for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation in support of the Ladakh Project (Health inc). I encourage you to subscribe to my blog to follow me in this great adventure. I will share with you in this blog stories and photos on a regular basis and hope to inspire you to contribute to the Ladakh Project.

DONATE to Ladakh Project

Thanks
Celine


August 31, 2010

Your help is needed in Ladakh

Hello everyone,

While cycling in Tajikistan, Ladakh has been very severely hit by flood. It is only today that I have caught up on the news. I am not sure how this was covered by the media in Canada but I assume you have heard about what has happened.

Cynthia Hunt and her team from Health inc. have created a website in order to raise funds and help the people in Ladakh who are affected by this tragedy. Below is the link with all the information on what has happened, the situation now, and how Cynthia and Health inc are working with the local population.

I encourage you to read Cynthia's account and her letter to her friends and to contribute to the emergency relief fund.

Below is the link where you can find the information.

http://www.ladakhrelief.org/index.shtml

http://www.ladakhrelief.org/news.shtml  (cynthia's account and letter)

Thanks from the bottom of my heart
Celine
Kashgar, China
PS: working hard on updating my blog....new post and photos to come shortly

No comments: