Welcome to Freewheeling across the Himalayas

Le voyage est un retour vers l'essentiel (proverbe tibetain)

WELCOME TO FREEWHEELING ACROSS THE HIMALAYAS

My name is Celine Soulard and on July 2010 I will embark on a 7 month cycling journey from Tajikistan to Nepal. This adventure will take me to some of the most challenging and beautiful roads in the world. I am also undertaking this journey to raise funds for the Mary A. Tidlund Charitable Foundation in support of the Ladakh Project (Health inc). I encourage you to subscribe to my blog to follow me in this great adventure. I will share with you in this blog stories and photos on a regular basis and hope to inspire you to contribute to the Ladakh Project.

DONATE to Ladakh Project

Thanks
Celine


March 07, 2015

850 km later!

English will follow

Hola Amigos y amigas,

Depuis mon dernier arret a Fataleufu, j'ai finalement rejoins la Carratera Austral et passee la marque des 800km! Je prends quelques jours de repos dans une petite ville de Patagonie Coyhaique ou j'ai aussi souffert d'un empoisonnement alimentaire ce qui est plutot rare ici. Pour les 7 derniers jours j'ai partage la route avec Magda et Kuba un jeune couple de Polonais fort sympathique qui terminent une annee a velo! Chaque jours je rencontre aussi des cyclistes qui arrivent de Ushuaia et qui sont en route vers le Peru ou meme dans certain cas le Canada et l'Alaska. Ils me reste environ 600 km pour terminer la Carratera.

 A bientot


Since my last stop in Fataleufu I have share my road with Magda and Kuba a young Polish couple finishing their year long trip in south America. We had a great time free camping, taking pictures and sharing experiences on the road. I had a couple rest day in Coyhaique followed by 2 forces rest day due to some food poisoning. This is the last thing I was expecting here. Fortunately the lady at my guest house took good care of me. I will start tomorrow for the last 600 km of the carratera austral before going back to Argentina. The bike season is on its tail end here but every day I keep meeting cyclist from all over the world coming from Ushaia (terra del fuego) on their way to the north which in some case is as far as Alaska!! I hope you will enjoy the photos

Fataleufu river



Santa Lucia church

Enjoying the pavement while it lasts!

Volcano viewed from La Junta

With Magda and Kuba near La Junta

Camping by the Fjord at Puyuhuapi - tide came about 2 feet from my tent!!!


Playing with cell phone


Nice turquoise glacier river


View from one of the campsite by the Queulat river

Pretty bird looking for food!

Views during the Queulat climb


Magda, Kuba and I by the glacier lake - Queulat N.P.

Mandatory stop at the pie shop!

Nice light and scenery between showers




View point just before Coyhaique

No comments: